SAGA Award 2021
We’re proud to announce the 5th edition of our ANNUAL SAGA Awards!
Here are the details:
** Grand Prize **
The finalists are named by an international jury for the Grand Prize. Finalists will be given a virtual slot/exhibition possibility at the Game Dev Days to present their games.
- Open to all independent game developers from Austria.
- The game must be developed fully or partly in Austria.
- The competition is also open for entries in the prototyping stage, and finalists will be mainly judged based on their potential.
- Submissions must include a 2-3 minute pitch video including the gameplay of the game and a 1-minute trailer.
- Games must be in a playable stage for the Game Dev Days (online) and must be presented at the virtual conference.
- Award-winning games from previous years are not eligible for re-submission.
May 7, Preliminary Submission Deadline
May 18, Finalists Announced
Jun 18, Award Ceremony @ Game Dev Days Online
- Tara J. Brannigan, Director of Player Experience at Behaviour Interactive, Canada
- Tobias Kopka, Freelance Curator, Facilitator, Advisor (curatomic / Reboot Develop et al.), Germany
- Daniel Gilbert, Accessibility Advocate, Kentucky, US
- Maxi Molina, #TheHayseedKnigh, Spain
- Philipp Stollenmayer, kamibox.de, Germany
- Sithé Ncube, Founder at Prosearium.net and Ubongo Game Lab, A MAZE Johannesburg, Zambia
- Ivan Buchta, Bohemia Interactive, Cz
- Silicon Dreams | cyberpunk interrogation (Clockword Bird Games)
- Grand Casino Tycoon (stillalive studios)
- DysPlace (skodone)
- Bungee Turtle (Nader Tawil)
- Monster Hunt Vienna (City Games Vienna)
- Festival Tycoon (Johannes Gäbler)
- Help Yourself (Flat Head Studio)
Get to know the games
Silicon Dreams | cyberpunk interrogation (Clockword Bird Games) – WINNER
Grand Casino Tycoon (stillalive studios)
Bungee Turtle (Nader Tawil)
Bungee turtle, a new kind of 2D platformer, is the only mobile game to feature a real life bungee rope. Bungee, jump & run with our heroes Bantu & Banta, two turtles that love to bungee and are always hungry. Grab a bungee rope and move it along rails while avoiding walls and spikes and fighting off enemies. Collect as many veggies and fruits to set new high scores and coins to unlock all skins. But be careful… there are monsters everywhere… and yes, they also love to bungee. Throw stones to knock them out and if you happen to run out of ammo, then hide in your shell to reduce the damage. Keep your eyes open for treasure chambers full of coins, fruit and veggies. Features:
- 44 levels
- treasure chambers
- 2 worlds, 2 seasons
- 27 skins
- Intuitive controls
- 12 enemies
- 3 power ups
Monster Hunt Vienna (City Games Vienna)
Festival Tycoon (Johannes Gäbler)
Help Yourself (Flat Head Studio)
Help Yourself is a puzzle shooter where you must work together with yourself – be your own best teammate! Every action you perform in a time loop is precisely replicated by a clone of you in the next loop. You have to cleverly plan ahead and cooperate with your clones across multiple timelines.
- Innovative cloning and time loop mechanics that push the boundaries of what is possible in VR!
- Unique blend of digital and analogue art styles.
- Perfect for VR beginners and experienced users – easy to pick up, but challenging to master.
- Comfortable movement.
- Game is still in development – new content and level editor coming!